Skip to main content

Introduction to the blog

 Hi everyone,

This blog is a place for my thoughts and writings on sabermetrics and baseball analysis. I'll mainly be exploring predictions from my machine learning based pitch evaluation model, PitchingBot, but there will be a sprinkling of analysis on other baseball topics which happen to pique my interest.

I intend to occasionally make apps to go along with these blog posts, allowing people to explore the data for themselves.

Hopefully this sounds interesting to those reading. If you have any feedback or questions that you think could be answered using PitchingBot then put them in the comments or find me on twitter here.

Thanks!
Cameron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Pitch Stuff Grades

  I've made an app allowing anyone to see what my models think of any hypothetical pitch.

Don't Let Opposing Hitters See the Same Reliever Too Many Times, Especially in the Postseason.

Here I show how relief pitchers get significantly worse results when hitters see them on multiple occasions in a short time period.

A PitchingBot Overhaul

This is a post to describe various updates to my pitch quality models.